CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: VisualMill question (Free Version)

on 2003-02-12 06:59:00 UTC
Andrew,

Didn't work for me... No notepad, no gcode. AND...

Visual mill free and Vm4demo both crash my hp laptop (omnibook xe3
running win2kpro) beyond even the power switch! Must remove battery
to regain my computer!

Seems a nice program, but...

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Werby" <drewid@a...>
wrote:
> Message: 25
> Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 23:32:46 -0000
> From: "bdrmachine <bdrmachine@h...>" <bdrmachine@h...>
> Subject: VisualMill question (Free Version)
>
> Has anyone Used VisualMill (Free Version) to generate G code?
>
> I seam to have a part completed but I can not seam to figure out how
> to generate to G code.
>
> Please Help
>
> Brian
>
> [If you've imported your part, defined your stock ("box stock" is
the
> simplest), chosen your tool, set your feeds and speeds, chosen an
operation
> (like "horizontal roughing") - basically just going through the
menu items
> on the top bar- then clicking on the "postprocess" tab in the
postprocess
> menu and choosing a postprocessor (Fanuc is pretty generic) should
make a
> Notepad window pop out with your g-code. If that doesn't work, let
me
> know.]
>
> Andrew Werby
> www.computersculpture.com

Discussion Thread

bdrmachine <bdrmachine@h... 2003-02-09 15:32:49 UTC VisualMill question (Free Version) Andrew Werby 2003-02-09 22:22:35 UTC VisualMill question (Free Version) ballendo <ballendo@y... 2003-02-12 06:59:00 UTC Re: VisualMill question (Free Version)