CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Height of Xylotex drives?

on 2003-02-15 10:27:02 UTC
Hi Matt,
Both Marv and Dave are correct depending on where you measure the
bottom from (bottom of PCB or bottom of soldered pin).
The board will be coming out with a new heatsink in the near
future though. The new heatsink, while pretty much the same
dimensions in the X & Y, will be shorter in heighth (more, thinner,
shorter pins in same area). The new total height from top of the
heatsinks to the bottom of the PCB will measure roughly .85". This
is still higher than the top of a molex connector when attached to
one of the molex headers (by about .15").
If you have more questions you may contact me off-list if you would
like: xylotex @ hotmail.com

Thanks,

Jeff
http://www.xylotex.com

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Matt Shaver <mshaver@e...>
wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the height of the Xylotex drive boards. I'm
interested in
> the dimension from the bottom of the PCB to the top of the highest
component.

> Also, what is the approximate vertical clearance required for the
pluggable
> connectors (if it's greater than the height of the highest
component).

> Thanks,
> Matt

Discussion Thread

Matt Shaver 2003-02-14 23:08:35 UTC Height of Xylotex drives? dcdziner 2003-02-15 02:03:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Height of Xylotex drives? turbulatordude <davemucha@j... 2003-02-15 07:18:09 UTC Re: Height of Xylotex drives? jeffalanp <xylotex@h... 2003-02-15 10:27:02 UTC Re: Height of Xylotex drives?