CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Older Denford CNC Machines

on 2003-03-03 02:38:48 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "yethdear0 <yethdear0@y...>"
<yethdear0@y...> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am a high school vocational machining technology instructor. We
> have 2 older Denford CNC bench top mills. One is a Triac version
> with a tool changer. The other is older ( I can't remember the
> model) and has no tool changer. Both machines run.

yethdear,

As it happens I am 90% finished converting a Denford TRIAC to PC CNC
control. My initial intention was to use EMC, but the linux side of
it held me up, so now I am running TurboCNC on a PC fitted inside the
original 'base drawer' of the TRIAC. (Compaq EN SFF fits nicely)

I have removed all the original electronics and power supply, and am
running on Gecko 210a's to drive the original steppers. I am also re-
using all the original limit and home switches.

Only complication so far is the spindle drive. I've fitted a
Mitubishi FREQROL invertor, and have set up manual controls on the
front panel, with the option of setting speed using a D to A
convertor hung on a parallel port (TurboCNC gives you access to the
code to write your own routine in TurboPascal 7)

So far it has gone yery well, and I'm pleased to say none of the
alterations prevent me reverting to EMC in the future if I get brave.

Regards,

Andrew Mawson,
Bromley,
Kent,
UK

Discussion Thread

yethdear0 <yethdear0@y... 2003-03-02 16:23:17 UTC Older Denford CNC Machines Andrew Mawson <andrew@m... 2003-03-03 02:38:48 UTC Re: Older Denford CNC Machines Larry Ragan 2003-03-03 09:49:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Older Denford CNC Machines