CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Stepper Power

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 2000-02-24 21:41:05 UTC
Chris,

My real world experience is that with 3 550 in/oz motors running at 5 amps
each from one of Dan's Camtronics controllers I was hooked up to a 24 v
power supply through a 7 amp breaker on the 24 v circuit and I only tripped
the breaker 2 or 3 times and that only occurred when all the motors were not
moving for an extended time. My guess is a 10 amp transformer would be fine
and I am now using a 15 amp unit and it is working just great.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

timg@... <mailto:timg@...>
http://www.ktmarketing.com