CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Buttons was - Pendant Design, was - Spindle Motor Control?

Posted by ballendo
on 2003-03-05 06:27:51 UTC
Jerry,

No. and they're not bellevilles either(tho' bellevilles might be a
usable replacement. They are thin disks which have been pressed to a
partial spherical shape (like a Jewish yarmulkah). This causes them
to "click" and yet reform to hold the switch open, once the pressure
is relieved.

One could probably make them from spring steel "feeler gauge stock,
using a couple of strips of steel(or soft jaws, as mentioned below),
2 holes (one in each piece), and a ball bearing. Then cut the dimpled
disk out with a whitney type hand punch (you're gonna wanna use THIN
stock!). You'd put the bearing in one hole and align it with the hole
in the other piece. I think i'd use soft jaws from a machinists vise
for this. Put the feeler gauge material between and close the jaws.
The size of the bearing, versus the size of the opposing hole, would
set the "height" of the spherical dimple.

Definitely do-able, but of course only if the "real" ones aren't
available.

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Kimberlin
<kimberln@a...> wrote:
> James Owens wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking for a supplier of the little spring disk that is
found on the
> > buttons of a membraine keypad. Does anyone know where I can buy
these?

> Wouldn't they just be wave washers, probably available from
> McMaster-Carr?
>
> JerryK

Discussion Thread

James Owens 2003-03-04 17:51:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Buttons was - Pendant Design, was - Spindle Motor Control? doug98105 2003-03-04 18:03:21 UTC Re: Buttons was - Pendant Design, was - Spindle Motor Control? Jerry Kimberlin 2003-03-04 18:53:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Buttons was - Pendant Design, was - Spindle Motor Control? Carlos Guillermo 2003-03-04 21:31:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Buttons was - Pendant Design, was - Spindle Motor Control? ballendo 2003-03-05 06:27:51 UTC Re: Buttons was - Pendant Design, was - Spindle Motor Control? alex 2003-03-05 07:02:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Buttons was - Pendant Design, was - Spindle Motor Control? James Owens 2003-03-05 16:11:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Buttons was - Pendant Design, was - Spindle Motor Control?