CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Low cost DRO innerds

Posted by Chris Baugher
on 2003-03-06 23:03:16 UTC
On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Alan Rothenbush wrote:

> Has anyone taken apart one of those low cost single axis 6"-12"-18" etc
> DROs sold all the time on eBay ?

I have.

> Specifically, is there a point where the raw quadrature is "extractable" ?

Because of the way they work it is unlikely there is even a quadrature
signal at all. I can't describe how they work (in a way that makes sense)
but all of the work is done by a single chip that is encased in some
impenetrable black substance.

> I probably could do what I need via the SPC port, but that would mean decoding
> the SPC output .. being lazy, I'd rather do it the "traditional" way.

It isn't really that hard. There are some files in the files section
under Caliper_info\Imported_Caliper_Info\ that describe the output signal.

Discussion Thread

Alan Rothenbush 2003-03-06 22:40:35 UTC Low cost DRO innerds Chris Baugher 2003-03-06 23:03:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Low cost DRO innerds Jon Elson 2003-03-07 10:15:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Low cost DRO innerds