CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Reloading Ballscrew?

Posted by stratton@m...
on 2000-02-25 10:06:19 UTC
> From: stratton@...
>
> So, if someone momentarily forgot that a screw was left-handed and
> twisted it the wrong way, with the result that the nut came off and
> spilled all the balls, how would that idiot go about reloading it?

Update: I got it back together by using the cardboard tube to hold the
balls in place, sliding it back just enough to drop them one at a time
into the groove just beyond the little guide tab on the return tube.
There is a little space between the balls, so it appears one may be
missing, however when I counted them after they fell out I had 69, vs
the 67 in the specification. Putting them back in was a tricky enough
operation that I lost count, but I don't think any got lost.

Is it okay for some to be missing? Should I try to get in touch with
tech support at Nook and find out what I'm supposed to have?

Chris

--
Christopher C. Stratton, stratton@...
Instrument Maker, Horn Player & Engineer

Discussion Thread

stratton@m... 2000-02-25 09:11:11 UTC Reloading Ballscrew? stratton@m... 2000-02-25 10:06:19 UTC Re: Reloading Ballscrew? Darrell 2000-02-25 10:14:57 UTC Re: Reloading Ballscrew? Tim Goldstein 2000-02-25 09:56:54 UTC Re: Reloading Ballscrew?