CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC backplot

Posted by Paul
on 2003-03-08 17:05:05 UTC
The backplotting function of EMC is coded entirely in Tcl/Tk using some Tcl
extensions to access the data being produced by EMC. Whilst there is a port
of Tcl/Tk for Windows (and Mac), and the EMC GUI will run on a Windows box,
it would still require a functioning EMC system to generate the data.

Tcl is a very easy language to get to grips with - Why not take the backplot
routines and write a short program to convert the G code in to a format that
can be displayed ?

Regards, Paul.

--

The spamming scumbags have won - A new email account is now in use with a
mangled return address. Send replies to :

Discussion Thread

Ian Wright 2001-04-08 02:22:34 UTC EMC backplot Ray 2001-04-08 20:50:34 UTC Re: EMC backplot P. J. Hicks 2003-03-08 16:47:51 UTC EMC backplot Paul 2003-03-08 17:05:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC backplot