CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Schematic help

Posted by j0hn_0ls0n
on 2003-03-09 16:40:13 UTC
Jan,
Thanks for the reply. The transformers are the same. They both
have 28VAC coming of tap 39 hot and tap 41 neutral and rated for 10
amps. I just wanted to make sure I was correct in my assumption of
what it would do. Thanks.

John

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, JanRwl@A... wrote:
> In a message dated 3/9/2003 5:11:43 PM Central Standard Time,
> jfolson4@e... writes:
>
> > Then the combined black and the combined white connect to their
respective
> > points on the rectifer bridge. Is this a
> > correct asumption of this connection?
> >

> John:
>
> Yes, assuming the manufacturer of the two "identical" transformers
has
> connected the black and white lead-wires to the SAME end (start of
winding,
> or END of winding) of the secondary-windings in BOTH transformers.
These
> colors ARE almost-CERTAINLY connected properly, so, "black to
black" and
> "white to white" would give you the SAME voltage, but permit you to
draw
> TWICE the current-rating of just ONE transformer.
>
> Now, if you connected BLACK of ONE transformer to WHITE of the
other, you'd
> get TWICE the voltage (nearly 60 volts) from the remaining "ends",
a BLACK
> and a WHITE. NEVER connect those last-two also together, unless
you are
> ready to blow fuzes, ruin the two transformers, at least burn
insulation, and
> possibly set fire to property!
>
> The latter connection would still give you ONLY the ampacity of ONE
> transformer--just twice the VOLTAGE.
>
> HOWEVER! ALL of the above statements ASSUME that you will first
have the
> "Beginning of windings" and the "Ends of windings" of the PRIMARIES
correctly
> polarized! That is, if these are colored or numbered, the SAME
colors or
> numbers of leads must be connected in PARALLEL, just as Mariss'
schematic
> shows. That is, if you had them "crossed", the "polarity" of those
Black and
> White wires discussed above for the two transformers would be
OPPOSING, not

j0hn_0ls0n 2003-03-09 15:11:11 UTC Schematic help JanRwl@A... 2003-03-09 15:46:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Schematic help Jeff Goldberg 2003-03-09 15:50:06 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Schematic help j0hn_0ls0n 2003-03-09 16:40:13 UTC Re: Schematic help