CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] GeckoDrive: seeking practical advice abouttheBig Capacitor !

on 2003-03-17 10:29:45 UTC
Jon,
Yes I found that to be the case !
Although the code did a ramp, it was a single ramp and of course the motor could handle it at low rpm but required a "slower" change rate during the final few % to get it to speed required.
I just connected the final power cable ( 200 feet length) and found the 15,000uF helped.
With the advent of PIC18 series, code space(32K), ram(1.6K), and speed(40MHz) are improving the ability to use PIC's for more serious applications.
Best Regards
Hans W