CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM sparking/arcing and eyes

Posted by ccq@x...
on 2003-03-22 08:26:32 UTC
It possibly depends upon the machine, or the settings used, in some instances.
If you're worried about it, do a search for, "Dydidium glasses". These are what
forge and foundry workers use to protect their eyes from the extreme ultra-
violet and infra-red light they get exposed to. Note that these are _NOT_
safety glasses, that you can use while grinding, etc. For that you need to get
the type of safety goggles that will fit over a regular pair of glasses. These
aren't something you want to have to replace on a regular basis. If memory
serves, an alternate brand name to search for is, "Thermanon".

Bill

--
RKBA! ***** Blessings On Thee, Oh Israel! ***** 4-19!

Constitutional Government is dead; LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!

ccq@x... 2003-03-22 08:26:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM sparking/arcing and eyes