CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Power supply and controller boards?

on 2003-04-07 10:02:58 UTC
HI JP,

sounds like you need the whole ball of wax.

download the files peetaining to the Xylotex units you plan on using
and read them over a few times.

figure out the max power supply amps you will need for all your
motors and make sure that the Xylotex units can handle that load.

IF the xylotex can handle the amp load, check how it connects. the 5V
is typically from the PC, so don't bother worrying about some
additional curcuitry.

from there, search this site for power supply posts. we cover this
every month or two and there is probably more detail in the archives
than you would get on a new response.

You metined a euro design, but didn't tell us where you are from. I
think Tim is putting together a Xylotex power supply, complete, ready
to run, or it may be as a kit. ?

HTH

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "davincitiger" <davinci@s...>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone help me put together a list of what i need to buy when
> i plan on using a taig mill with 4 MAE 231 oz motors.
> I dont know what 5+ and GND etc is so i need a list that a supplier
> understands so i get the right stuff.
>
> I got some recomendations that i should get Breakout boards.
> Are Xylotex breakout boards?
>
> And that i could install Limit switches (no idea what that is)and a
> emergency stop.
>
> I will be needing a power supply (europe type)
> 4 axis controller board(s)
> cabels etc
>
> JP

Discussion Thread

davincitiger 2003-04-07 07:40:34 UTC Power supply and controller boards? turbulatordude 2003-04-07 10:02:58 UTC Re: Power supply and controller boards?