CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Anyone have the mini mill that Wholesale Tool is selling

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2003-04-17 06:31:15 UTC
Hi Jon.

This looks like the same mill as my Grizz except for the color.

>    From: Jon Elson <elson@...>
> Subject: Anyone have the mini mill that Wholesale Tool is selling
>
> Hello, all,
>
> I just ordered the mini mill that Wholesale Tool is selling on special.
> It looks something like a Taig, with a dovetail head slide.  I want
> to use it to show off my CNC interfaces at the NAMES show,
> so I don't have much time to get it CNC'd.  If someone has one,
> could you tell me what the diameter of the leadscrews are
> on X and Y, where the calibrated dial is, just under the handle?

I've got the x in my hand and it's Acme with an 0.625 major. The turned end
of it looks like 0.393 -- probably 10mm. There is a keyway under the handle
that prevents the dial from slipping.

The dials rotate on a turned part of the handle rather than on the leadscrew.
That size is about 0.7876 diameter -- 20mm? There is a small groove in the
middle of this to hold a spring wire that drags against the dial. The dial
is 0.452 thick. Its od is about 1.375.

> That's where I will put the sprockets for the stepper motors.
> Also, what size are the table slots?

My mill came with a couple of t-nuts. They are 0.466 on the part that fits
into the slot 0.720 across the shoulders and 0.300 of it sticks up into the
slot. The shoulder of the nut is about 0.200 but there is quite a bit of
clearance under this in the t part of the bed.

The slot is 0.470 on the narrow and 0.790 on the wide and about 0.350 on the
height of the shoulder. I can't get in under the slots without removing
junk.

HTH

Ray

Discussion Thread

Jon Elson 2003-04-16 21:11:34 UTC Anyone have the mini mill that Wholesale Tool is selling rotarysmp 2003-04-17 06:30:42 UTC Re: Anyone have the mini mill that Wholesale Tool is selling Ray Henry 2003-04-17 06:31:15 UTC Re: Anyone have the mini mill that Wholesale Tool is selling Jon Elson 2003-04-17 10:18:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Anyone have the mini mill that Wholesale Tool is selling mrgamber 2003-04-17 11:11:35 UTC Re: Anyone have the mini mill that Wholesale Tool is selling mikenln2000 2003-04-17 11:53:23 UTC Re: Anyone have the mini mill that Wholesale Tool is selling Jim Brown 2003-04-17 12:15:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Anyone have the mini mill that Wholesale Tool is selling Jon Elson 2003-04-18 09:15:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Anyone have the mini mill that Wholesale Tool is selling