CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: follow up on bad information

on 2003-04-17 17:10:42 UTC
Hi Mikenin,

if that is what you are looking into doing, then you certanly do NOT
need all the stuff on your other post.

CAD is fun, and a neat what to see what you are doing, but for simple
things like a plate, it can be overkill.

you can get free cad programs. so that keeps yoru costs low.

then if you want to do cad to g-code, you need a converter program.
again, I think you can still get ACE Converter for free. (search the
archives for tons of talk about that)

your old 486 can run TurboCNC and for the few dollars, it a great
program. If you have a Pentium 800 or higer, your optons open up
(along with your wallet)

IF I remember, you already have the hardware, so seems like once you
mount the stuff, you can start making parts pretty quickly and for a
LOT less than if you needed to buy all the software and hardware in
your other post.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "mikenln2000"
<msheeley43@m...> wrote:
> thank you all for your comments. I only want this a a learning
tool,
> home projects, machining aluminum plate for mounting swithes,
> motors,
> covers, just home hobby stuff, router template for cutting out
> wooden toys for my wifes projects. Speed is not something I really
> need just accuracy. I was impressed by something I wached a guy do
> here locally, he needed a new trap plate for his bandsaw, he drew
it
> up on cad, conveted it to g-code, went out to the garage put it
into
> his laptop, put the metal and tool into the mill, and in five
> minutes he had an exact copy of the original that was damaged. This
> is what I want to do, Again thanks for your comments.
> mikenln

Discussion Thread

mikenln2000 2003-04-17 11:53:23 UTC follow up on bad information turbulatordude 2003-04-17 17:10:42 UTC Re: follow up on bad information