CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Output from Eagle PCB program

Posted by Harvey White
on 2003-04-24 00:18:59 UTC
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:06:42 +0200, you wrote:

>Harvey
>
>I am just in the process of doing the same thing as you - I think.
>
>Are you going to drill or route the PCB or both ;-).

Both, since the same equipment will do both.

>My set-up is like this
>
>I have made my own design of 2 1/2D plotter/router machine

I've got the mechanical x/y design done and implemented. I need to
attach the DROs to each axis, build the serial link encoders, and then
debug the main controller. I also need to debug the controller.

>I am using NC-Step 3 axis stepper control based on L297/L298 controllers

Same chipset. Just started with the prototype PC boards for the
driver set.

>I will try to use KCam4 from Kellyware as my CNC software

Processor will handle G-code directly, I think.

>And I use EDWIN 2000 from Visionics as my ECAD program

Eagle Cadsoft for the PC boards. Rest of it is up for grabs...

>My plan is to use the tools this way
>
>Making the schematics in EDWIN 2000

Eagle cadsoft.

>Route the PCB and do the layout in EDWIN 2000

Ditto for Eaglesoft.

>Making the production files in EDWIN 2000 (Gerber plotting files and
>Excellion drilling files)

Yet to see that part of it, but hopefully the Gcode interpreter will
handle that.

>Importing the Gerber files into KCam and converting them to routing files
>and route the boards with KCam

Eagle will do that.

>and finally importing the Excellion drilling files into KCam and do the
>drilling of the PCB board.with KCam

similar, of sorts.

>So far - for producing PCB's all can be done with these software's

Yep, I think I should be able to do the same.

>I have found these URL's very useful.
>
>Stepper controllers - nice price, high quality
>www.nc-step.com

Building my own is cheaper (I think!) but more frustrating...

>A must for CNC discoverer
>http://www.luberth.com/plotter/plotter.htm

I'll check that out.

>Very nice Windows CNC software
>http://www.kellyware.com/

Ditto.

>Low price professional ECAD Package (Non Commercial version available - all
>functions-low price)
>http://www.visionics.a.se/

Check that out when I get to the cad end of it...

>Regards
>
>Geir Soland
>Norway

Do I not know you from another list?

Harvey

Discussion Thread

Harvey White 2003-04-23 10:18:26 UTC Output from Eagle PCB program Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-04-23 13:08:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Output from Eagle PCB program Geir Soland 2003-04-23 14:34:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Output from Eagle PCB program Harvey White 2003-04-23 14:34:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Output from Eagle PCB program Fred Smith 2003-04-23 15:35:01 UTC Re: Output from Eagle PCB program Harvey White 2003-04-24 00:18:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Output from Eagle PCB program Harvey White 2003-04-24 00:19:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Output from Eagle PCB program