CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Stepper Motor or Servo Motor Requirements for my Van No...

on 2003-05-02 05:10:53 UTC
Mariss did a great job detailing what might be the way to size a
motor. (worth a search)

the idea was that it takes less than about 8 pounds of force (torque)
for your to move the table by hand in a cut.

figure that or some other starting force on your crank handle.

figure leadscrew tpi then what losses might be in the trasistion,
ballscrews are 10-20% loss, ACME 30-40% loss and all thread about 60-
70% loss. then figure gear ratios as needed.

or you could read his post Message 45509

has anyone done a cost comparison between steppers and servos's ?
Although the drives are more, it seems the motors are less.

also, does anyone have a link to a page that discusses servos ? I
have not seen them listed here for sources or suppliers where-as
Steppers get all the links.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, JanRwl@A... wrote:
> In a message dated 5/1/2003 5:20:42 PM Central Standard Time,
> billkichman@c... writes:
>
> > this be too slow or just too small
>
> Yes. Full size? You mean like a BP? Then you need size-42
steppers. Some

JanRwl@A... 2003-05-01 21:16:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper Motor or Servo Motor Requirements for my Van No... turbulatordude 2003-05-02 05:10:53 UTC Re: Stepper Motor or Servo Motor Requirements for my Van No... Jon Elson 2003-05-02 10:00:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Stepper Motor or Servo Motor Requirements for my Van No...