CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MotionMaster Gantry Router

Posted by D.F.S.
on 2000-03-06 16:25:01 UTC

> From: John Ross <johnr@...>
>
> Wow as of this morning it looks like I'm the new owner of one beast of a
> gantry router. 114" x 60" bed and 7,000 Lb. The Fadal controller is burned
> up along with the z axis motors. Looks like a candidate for a PC/EMC
> conversion. Does anyone know what kind of motors MotionMaster uses? I
> should probably ding one out of the gantry and look for a label or
> something. Now I just need to convince the wife I need to build a bigger
> shop.

Hey, That thing should be able to build the shop for itself ;-).

The way I see it, the physical machine, the lead screws or other linear motion
mechanism is the hard part.

Don't sweat the motors or even encoders much, even if you have to replace them
all, you are well on your way to a killer machine, IMHO.

Marc

Discussion Thread

John Ross 2000-03-06 15:25:40 UTC MotionMaster Gantry Router D.F.S. 2000-03-06 16:25:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MotionMaster Gantry Router