CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Z axis (Quill) HELP!!!!!

bcnc2003 wrote:

>I need to know if anyone has plans or know where I can get plans for
>a quill feed (Ball screw) on my bridgeport J head.

I don't have plans (you don't WANT my plans, is more like it.)
But, take a look at http://jelinux.pico-systems.com/CNCconv.html
for a look at my machine. Near the picture of the head, there is a link to
more photos and text about the Z-axis conversion, specifically,
on my J head. I had a lot of trouble measuring the shape of the head,
and ended up having to slot-out the mounting holes, as the encoder
would have been inside the belt housing, otherwise.

Anyway, this particular design was largely dictated by the availability
of the ballscrew, a 10 TPI that was probably made by HiWin.

bcnc2003 2003-05-04 15:01:41 UTC Z axis (Quill) HELP!!!!! Jon Elson 2003-05-04 22:44:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Z axis (Quill) HELP!!!!!