CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Circuit Breakers

William Scalione wrote:

>I am building a control box for my Dyna-Myte mill and have some aircraft
>circuit breakers. They were originally used for 115V 400HZ. Would this be ok
>to use at 60HZ? In other words would a 5 amp 115V 400HZ breaker trip at the
>same time if used on 115V at 60HZ?

No, the I*T integration curves are different. They will still work
pretty well, however.

> Also, how about using them for 28 VDC
>between my amps and motors?

Only if they are rated for DC (some are). The problem is that there is no
break in the DC current flow for the arc to extinguish, so DC breakers
have to open the contacts wider.

William Scalione 2003-05-07 22:24:10 UTC Circuit Breakers Jon Elson 2003-05-08 14:51:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Circuit Breakers