CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Confused as to what J20 on Sound Logic board does...

Posted by mrgamber
on 2003-05-12 07:15:29 UTC
Have you verified that this will work with the 300 series servo
drives?

I think you will have a much more desireable product if it functions
with the 300 series as well as the 200 series. Perticularly by
incorporating the err/reset on the 300 series.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "James Cullins"
<jcullins@c...> wrote:
> Ross
> Yes that was the original intent of J20 how ever after emailing
Marris
> he discourages disabling the drives that way. He tells me the best
way is to
> remove the 5v to the gecko drives. I have a new rev board coming
out soon
> that does this. It also has the Estop input, and connector to
install a
> daughter board for Spindle speed control, which is under
development.
> To do that with the current board. you can wire the 5v form one of
the
> step,dir 5v connectors to one pin of J20 and wire the other pin of
J20 the
> 5v input to all the Geckos. Then the Geckos would not have 5v until
Mach1 or
> 2 is running and the Estop icon cleared. This would stop motion
even if
> Mach1 did not stop.
>
> You are correct about giving the Estop and your method does not
depend on
> the software to disable the outputs.
> I just drew up one way to hook this up if anyone is interested just
email me
> and I will send it to you.
> Regards
> Jim Cullins
Logic board
> does...
>

> > I beleive J20, when connected to the inhibits on the Gecko drives,
> disables the drives if power is not applied to the board. Jim will
correct
> me if I'm wrong.
> >
> > I can tell you for sure that when you sut down power to the Sound
Logic
> board, an Estop is tripped in Mach1. If you want to set up a
master Estop
> and have Mach1 go to an Estap condition when youj trip an Estop,
just set up
> your master Estop switch to kill AC power to your electronics.
When you do
> that, Mach1 will trigger an Estop automatically. You do not need
to wire
> any special relays to make the Sound Logic board send an Estop to
Mach1.

wanliker@a...,
> timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if
> you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

mrgamber 2003-05-11 15:10:39 UTC Confused as to what J20 on Sound Logic board does... Ross 2003-05-11 17:45:39 UTC Re: Confused as to what J20 on Sound Logic board does... James Cullins 2003-05-11 20:25:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Confused as to what J20 on Sound Logic board does... mrgamber 2003-05-12 07:15:29 UTC Re: Confused as to what J20 on Sound Logic board does... James Cullins 2003-05-12 14:44:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Confused as to what J20 on Sound Logic board does...