CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Dolphin upgrade

Posted by Andrew Mawson
on 2003-05-13 05:31:58 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "stevenson_engineers"
<john@s...> wrote:
> Last week, Thursday to be precise, I ran Mike up at Dolphin to
point
> out a couple of silly things out with Dolphin that infuriated me.
> One was when you selected a path to turn it into a profile you got
> message saying "pocket 1 has been created" and you click on it to
> move on. When you have a lot of paths on one drawing this can get
> annoying.
> The other part was in the CAM side in that it automatically put an
> arc approach/ depart on the path with out having to draw or select
it.
> It's up to you to specity what type of approach / depart when you
> select the operation. If you forget the arc is default.
> This also caught me out a couple of times but I picked it up in the
> simulation and quickly edited it.
> Anyway pointed this out to Mike and he said he'd look into it.
>
> Da-da in the post this morning new CD with both items having been
> given check boxes so you now have a further choice how you want the
> program to operate.
>
> That's what I call service. Try getting an update from other CAD
CAM
> suppliers that quick.
>
> Thanks Mike.
>
> John S.

John,

While we are eulogizing Mike, I rang him the other day with a few
basic questions on the lathe module and to see if there was a
tutorial as I was trying it for the first time. Same day by email
came back the (admittedly part finished) tutorial that he was working
on when I rang him!

Perhaps we Brits have picked up the service ethos at last <g>

Andrew Mawson
Bromley, Kent, UK

Discussion Thread

stevenson_engineers 2003-05-13 01:57:46 UTC Dolphin upgrade Andrew Mawson 2003-05-13 05:31:58 UTC Re: Dolphin upgrade