CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Need lubrication help on Bridgeport 2J head

Posted by washcomp
on 2003-05-13 17:17:07 UTC
Jim:

You are probably right, but may as well send it anyway. I took a
plug out of mine and replaced it with an oil cup. The other one
apparently takes some sort of grease. I think there may be another
hidden somewhere on the head (or not). This thing seems to take six
different lubricants to all sorts of hard to get at places on
different schedules. Not real user friendly. I was thinking of
getting a one shot libricator, but can't figure out how to deal with
all the different lubricants. Anyone have any ideas or experience?

My BP also has an aftermarket table (Position Wizard) installed which
rides back and forth on rods and has weird lubrication fittings where
set screws seem to act like pin valves. Still trying to figure out
how to interface with them and hoping I'm addressing the lubrication
right.

Regards,
Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "jim davies" <jdavies@a...>
wrote:

> I've got a copy of the manual, but the one and only
> lube diagram only shows oilcups on the head. I can send you
> the jpg if you want, but I don't think you will learn very much
> from it...
>
> Jim Davies
>
> > Need lubrication help on Bridgeport 2J head
> >
> > Now that I'm about ready to do my first "making chips" experiment
> > with my CNC equiped Bridgeport with a 2J head, I notice it has a
> > lable spelling out about half a dozen types of lubricants and
> > describes the places by name, but does not tell me where the
> > lubrication points are. Does anyone have a diagram showing the
lube
> > locations on the head? If this is OT, please answer off the
group.

Discussion Thread

washcomp 2003-05-13 07:27:15 UTC Need lubrication help on Bridgeport 2J head jim davies 2003-05-13 16:47:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need lubrication help on Bridgeport 2J head washcomp 2003-05-13 17:17:07 UTC Re: Need lubrication help on Bridgeport 2J head jim davies 2003-05-13 17:23:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Need lubrication help on Bridgeport 2J head