CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: DRO ENCODER TOOL

on 2000-03-09 09:41:42 UTC
Terry,

The pictures are very useful, thanks! And don't think you are beating this
to death. All this discussion has saved me (and others, I'm sure) a fair
amount of cash. I just finished installing DRO on my mill using linear
encoders for $150.00. Now with the tips from you, Art
and others, I can do the same for my lathe for a tenth that cost.

One more question...did you remove the retaining clip before using your
tool?

Tom

Message: 10
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 00:26:49 -0000
From: "Terry May" <tmay@...>
Subject: DRO ENCODER TOOL

At the risk of beating this subject to death, I made the wedge tools
I discussed earlier to remove the encoder disc from the Goldmine
electronics servo motors. The tool worked very well removing the
encoder and not damaging the disc.

I put a couple of pictures of the wedges and the usage into the RCM
dropbox today (DRO_Tool.jpg, etc.) since I don't have my own web
site. Hope they are useful to someone.
Terry May

Discussion Thread

Terry May 2000-03-08 17:50:12 UTC DRO ENCODER TOOL SMITH, THOMAS B. (JSC-DX) 2000-03-09 09:41:42 UTC RE: DRO ENCODER TOOL SMITH, THOMAS B. (JSC-DX) 2000-03-10 07:37:01 UTC RE: DRO ENCODER TOOL