CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Sigma stepper motor info

Posted by washcomp
on 2003-05-18 06:29:37 UTC
Tim:

Searching the files for the information is one option (I have
information posted on Sigma NEMA 42's with 8 connections for
instance).

I found out the wiring diagram for my unmarked motors by tracking
down the appropriate tech support department:

Pacific Scientific bought Sigma and was in turn bought by Superior
Electric. Superior Electric has been bought by Danaher
Corportation. If you call the tech support department of Superior
and ask for an "old timer" who might be able to find the paperwork
(yes, paperwork!) on the Sigma's, you should be able to talk them
into faxing them to you. The following are the web addresses which
should help you find their tech support department.

http://www.slosyn.com/
http://www.superiorelectric.com/

Regards,
Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <mudwhump@y...> wrote:
> Hello to the group. This is my first post here... I'm in the
process
> of gathering parts to convert a HF mill drill to CNC. I got some
> stepper motors from the local scrap dealer. I've done a search on
the
> web, but I'm having trouble finding info on the particular motors.
> need to find out the voltage and current requirements, and torque
> ratings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.This is what I have:
>
> 1) Sigma Instruments Sigmax
> 4 wire
> Part number 802D2-62B022BW
> Size NEMA 34 6"long, .500" shaft
> Date 3/6/87
>
> 2) Sigma Instruments Sigmax
> 4 wire
> Part number 802D3451?02BW
> Size NEMA 34 5"long, .500" shaft
> Date 3/10/87
>
> 3) Pacific Scientific Sigma Sigmax
> 8 wire
> Part number E32NRFP-LDN-NS-00 replaces 802D3437-F05BS
> Size NEMA 34 4"long, .375" shaft
> Date code 9110

Discussion Thread

Tim 2003-05-18 00:09:37 UTC Sigma stepper motor info washcomp 2003-05-18 06:29:37 UTC Re: Sigma stepper motor info