CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: stepper amperage/resistance

on 2003-05-18 17:20:46 UTC
AW,

The only difference is the number of turns of wire wound on the
stator of each motor. Otherwise they are the same.

The best choice is the 2A winding. at .9 Ohm, the motor voltage is
1.8V, making them suitable for supply voltages up to about 48VDC.

These are very sweet motors; the 103H-7126 is among the very best
60mm motors I have ever run dyno and linearity data on. They turn as
smoothly as a servo when microstepped. It delivers about 80W
mechanical at 48VDC; don't use a higher voltage than that, it's
unkind to a very nice motor.

You might want to double-check your numbers; I show it at 2A, 4.5mH
and 1.2 Ohms.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "awallin25"
<anders.wallin@h...> wrote:

> In a catalog from a local supplier of steppermotors I can see the
> Sanyo Denki H-series motor 103 H7126 (nema23) supplied in three
> different versions, -0140, -0740 and -1740
>
> The only specifications that differ are the phase resistance,
> inductance and current.
>
> Currents are 0.75, 2.2 and 4 A
> resistances 8.6, 0.9 and 0.48 Ohm
> indcutances 19, 2.2 and 2.2 mH
>
> holding toruqe is the same for all of them, 165 Ncm.
>
> Is there any difference between this motors when using them for cnc
> purposes ?
>
> The stepper drive obviously needs to limit the current to a
> different value. Maybe a stepperdriver for the lowest current model
> is cheaper than for 2.2 or 4 A ?
>
> Any other differences ? What about voltage ??? how is "motor
> voltage" calculated from these figures ? how is a suitable driving
> voltage calculated from that ?
>
> thanks for any answers,
>
> AW

Discussion Thread

awallin25 2003-05-18 14:22:38 UTC stepper amperage/resistance Robert Campbell 2003-05-18 15:04:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepper amperage/resistance Mariss Freimanis 2003-05-18 17:20:46 UTC Re: stepper amperage/resistance