CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What’s a g ood speed for a rotary table?

Posted by JanRwl@A...
on 2003-05-30 09:53:58 UTC
In a message dated 5/30/2003 5:44:49 AM Central Standard Time,
tig416@... writes:

> I'm putting together a rotary table for my fourth axis. I'm trying to
> decide what motor-pully combo to use and never having done any 4th axis work I
> was wondering how fast I should drive the table. I plan to mostly use it on my
> router.

Derek: WOOD-working router? Will the cutting be always with the SAME dia.
bit at the SAME distance from the rotary table's axis? If no, then you simply
need to make it ADJUSTABLE speed! What max. dia. would you be routing?
Clock-faces for 4' dia. coliseum clocks? You see, you simply didn't give enough
info for anyone to properly answer your question!

A "4th axis" implies something that the computer can control. Now, SOME may
say that just "ON/OFF" is control enough to qualify as the 4th axis, but I say
it means the computer can control the rotational position, AND/or speed, if
rotating continously, as the X and Y move!

Gets complicated, doesn't it! HTH! Jan Rowland

JanRwl@A... 2003-05-30 09:53:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What’s a g ood speed for a rotary table?