CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Max speed for acme ?

Damon wrote:

>Hey folks, getting close to CNC'd X&Y on my Bridgeport Series 1.
>What's the max safe (sane?!) speed to run the table at? I am
>still using the original 1.25"5TPI acme leadscrews and don't
>want to zorch them or the nuts.

Probably holding speeds to 60 IPM or less would be good. Make sure
you lube your screws frequently through the hole in the center of the table.
Be aware that the Bridgeport scheme lets the Y nut and screw survive
on whatever oil drips off the X nut, meaning it gets shortchanged.
You might want to pull the Y screw every few months and wipe
some light grease on it as a backup lube.

Damon 2003-06-07 11:26:06 UTC Max speed for acme ? Damon 2003-06-07 11:41:02 UTC Max speed for acme ? Jon Elson 2003-06-07 22:10:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Max speed for acme ?