CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bi-Polar Motor Driver 4A per phase 48V (opinions)

Posted by colin_jet
on 2003-06-09 00:26:42 UTC
Steve's L6203 design looks a good one, and I was originally going to
take that route, but gave in and bought Gecko 210's to save time and
for compatibility with future larger machines.

I'm not keen on his old parallel port board due to the lack of opto-
isolation, but the newer design should do the job. I went with the
Bob Campbell/Soundlogic board.

If Steve started selling PCB's I might well consider making another
controller!

Colin

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "learningcnc"
<learningcnc@y...> wrote:
> I have been looking for a good bi-polar driver board(3,4 axis). I
> don't have a lot of money to spend, so I have been looking to
build
> my own. I came across a design for a 4A per phase 48V Bi-Polar
Motor
http://www.pilotltd.net/cnc.htm.
> Steve's board is based on a design from Hans Wedemeyer's website
> http://www.hans-w.com/cnc.htm. I have looked Steve's board over
and
> it seems easy enough to build and has the features I have been
> looking for. Any comments about this board, or the Parallel port
> interface board? Has anyone build a driver board like this? Are
> there any other good plans for a bi-polar driver similar to this
> one? Opinions, advice,thoughts.
> Thanks

Discussion Thread

learningcnc 2003-06-08 22:18:39 UTC Bi-Polar Motor Driver 4A per phase 48V (opinions) colin_jet 2003-06-09 00:26:42 UTC Re: Bi-Polar Motor Driver 4A per phase 48V (opinions)