CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: New in this - more on paralle port interfaces

on 2003-06-11 19:32:43 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "viewpanel1"
<viewpanel1@y...> wrote:
> Help
> I think I just started backwards. I have the enroute software made
by
> Scanvec, and want to build a cnc router table 4'x8' . Is there a
> parallel interface board able to run the motors and other hardware
> compatible to this software. Also suggestion routers building kits
> are welcome
>
> Regards Jose

Hi Jose,

The parallel port interface is often no more than a easy way to
connect the pins from the cable to the connections on the driver
boards.

typically it is a 25 pin D connector in so the cable has a place to
get connected, and a bunch of screw treminals to land your other
wires to. some people use the little adapter or jumper boxes you can
get from Radio Shack that have a little PC board with solder holes.
they solder those holes to wires that go to the rest of the system.

Then there are cards that are a little more elaborate.

then cards that have opto isolators for the inputs and eihter relays
or darlingtons for the outputs that are not to the driver cards.

Dave

Discussion Thread

viewpanel1 2003-06-11 12:39:59 UTC New in this turbulatordude 2003-06-11 19:32:43 UTC Re: New in this - more on paralle port interfaces