CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Acme Screw vs Belt Drive: Price Comparison

Posted by notoneleft
on 2003-06-11 21:10:20 UTC
I found better Acme prices here:

http://www.mscdirect.com

Gerry

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "pilgriwr" <cnuk@s...> wrote:
> I am in the process of building a XY router table approx 24" x
24".
> I have been going back and forth on belt vs. acme screw drive. Yes
> acme gives more precision, but I also calculate that it is more
> expensive. Belts seems more forgiving to alignment tolerances as
> well. I live in Canada and have been comparing price primarily at
> SDP/SI, Techno-Isel, PIC-Design, and McMaster Carr.
>
> Q: Has anyone else recently gone through this debate and come to a
> conclusion on which system builds the more inexpensive system?
>
> Q: Does anyone have a recommendation for sourcing parts in Canada?
>
> Thank You

Discussion Thread

pilgriwr 2003-06-10 21:06:42 UTC Acme Screw vs Belt Drive: Price Comparison turbulatordude 2003-06-11 06:56:40 UTC Re: Acme Screw vs Belt Drive: Price Comparison notoneleft 2003-06-11 21:10:20 UTC Re: Acme Screw vs Belt Drive: Price Comparison Raymond Heckert 2003-06-13 17:48:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Acme Screw vs Belt Drive: Price Comparison