CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Free Pascal/TurboCNC

Posted by Torsten
on 2003-06-12 03:02:38 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Carol & Jerry Jankura"
<jerry.jankura@s...> wrote:
> Hi, folks:
>
> I'm trying to compile TurboCNC (rel 3.24) using the Free Pascal
compiler.
> After some editing, I can get a clean compile to an executable file.
> Eventually, I'll want to do the same with 4.0.
>
> When I attempt to execute it, however, the LLINI initialization
indicates
> that the heap needed for the INI file is too small. I've added a
few writeln
> statements, and find that the heap is around 28K. TurboCNC requires
at least
> 35K before it will run.
>
> I'm thinking that my problem lies somewhere in the computer setup
and not
> with either TurboCNC or the Free Pascal compiler. Does this train
of thought
> make any sense?
>
> I've tried playing some with EMM386.EXE and HIMEM. The problem
appears when
> I attempt to execute either from a straight DOS-7 (Win 98SE version
of DOS
> without the GUI) or from a "DOS Box" running under Windows 98SE.
>
> This computer is a Sony notebook with 192 Mbytes of RAM.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to get more heap memory for Free
Pascal
> programs?
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might be able to give.
>
> -- Carol & Jerry Jankura
> Strongsville, Ohio
> So many toys, so little time ....

I think using the command line complier without loading
the Editor will leave more resouces too.
Maybe worth a try?

Discussion Thread

Carol & Jerry Jankura 2003-06-11 20:00:26 UTC Free Pascal/TurboCNC Mark Thomas 2003-06-11 20:25:25 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Free Pascal/TurboCNC Torsten 2003-06-12 03:02:38 UTC Re: Free Pascal/TurboCNC