CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Turbocadcam drawing

Posted by Jeff
on 2003-06-23 11:12:07 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "mckenziecg"
<cgmckenzie@f...> wrote:
> I do know if this is off topic are not i quess someone will let me
> know. I am using Turbocadcam with a engraver to do 2.5 wood inlay
> cutting. I like the cam but the cad i do not care for. So i have
> tried to draw in other programs and save them in .dxf then open in
> turbocc to make the toolpath. The drawing file opens fine and the
> drawing is correct but I cannot make TCC draw a toolpath for
> nothing. I am very green at this stuff so just bear with me. Any
> help are suggestions are greatly appreciated. Best Regards Chris
> Mckenzie

This was the one thing that I didn't care for in Turbocadcam. Its
been awhile sence I've used TCC and I dont' have it installed right
now so I can't go look. It will work with DXF but you have to select
the lines you want to mill first... I'm trying to remember if it was
called polyline milling... Basically you have to select the lines
first and use polyline?? they will turn pink or red if I remember
right. Then you go back and do your actual pocket milling or whatever
milling you want to do, using the newly selected lines.
Sorry its just been awhile and I can't remember what they called
if for sure.... another thing to try might be to save the dxf file as
a turbocad file and see if that will do away with haveing to select
the lines first.

Jeff

Discussion Thread

mckenziecg 2003-06-23 09:45:26 UTC Turbocadcam drawing Jeff 2003-06-23 11:12:07 UTC Re: Turbocadcam drawing