CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: SCR DC Motor Controllers... Need Advice.

Posted by mmurray701
on 2003-07-03 21:29:36 UTC
Hi Mariss,

Thanks for the detailed response. Thats exactly what I wanted to
know. I was unsure if the controllers operated this way or just
worked the same as reducing voltage (which would also deacrease
stall torque). Perfect explanation. You always seem to have a way of
making us "no so electronicly minded" people understand concepts.
Thanks again!

Mark

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Mariss Freimanis"
<mariss92705@y...> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> This is best understood by drawing a graph. Make the +Y axis RPM.
Put

<gmurray@n...>
> wrote:
> > I need some advice about SCR drives. I need to know if they
provide
> > constant torque at all speeds. For example if the controller is
> > set to half speed, is the torque also reduced to half or does it
> > remain constant? And finally, will there be any difference in
> > performance in a motor running from a 90v SCR drive set at full
> > speed, and a motor wired directly to a 90v source? Thanks in
> advance!
> >
> > Mark

Discussion Thread

mmurray701 2003-07-03 18:36:50 UTC SCR DC Motor Controllers... Need Advice. Mariss Freimanis 2003-07-03 20:28:34 UTC Re: SCR DC Motor Controllers... Need Advice. mmurray701 2003-07-03 21:29:36 UTC Re: SCR DC Motor Controllers... Need Advice. Mariss Freimanis 2003-07-03 22:03:12 UTC Re: SCR DC Motor Controllers... Need Advice.