CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Advice on moving forward

Posted by Paul Kelly
on 2003-07-12 23:18:38 UTC
OK. I'd always thought of microstepping as something you did to increase
resolution, but I can see how it tackles resonance.. I'll implement it and
test.
Many thanks for the responses. I certainly wouldn't have thought of this
myself.

We'll I implemented 10step microstepping. No difference :-(
I'll pinch a fast cro from work and take a closer look.
If the problem is a resonance I should see motor impedance decrease as step
rate approaches the resonant rate of the motor yes?

Cheers

PK