CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CAM generating short lines not G02/G03curvesegments

on 2003-07-24 21:58:34 UTC
Hi Doug, Charles,

For some reason, I didn't get your comments until now Charles. Probably
Yahoo. Yes, this could be done, I'm sure. Although I thought the files
were DXF. No matter. The line segments are probably in order as well.

I did a simple program a while back to manipulate Gcode files. Inches
into mm's as I recall.

Metacut sounds interesting. Thanks for the URL.

Alan KM6VV

Doug Fortune wrote:

> Charles Hixon wrote:
> >
> > Hi Alan, This sounds like a job for one of your linear programming
> > g-code generator routines. (short program in BASIC or c. based on
> > circle parameters to generate g-code and replace the segment block)
> > Charles Hixon
>
> I'm sure thats essentially what MetaCut Finish does
> ( http://www.metacut.com/ ).
>
> Here is the algorithm:
>
> Start:
> - take the next 2 points (call them A & B )
>
> Loop:
> - get the next point (call it C)
> - if they all lie on a circle (or helix!) and they should,
> replace the 3 G01's with 1 G02/G03
>
> - get the next point (call it D)
> - if that point D lies on the same circle, drop its G01
> and extend the previous G02/G03.
>
> else
> leave point D as a G01
> go to Start
>
> or something like that. Maybe the transition points (between curves)
> get left as a G01, but most of the points on the curve get assimilated
> into G02/G03's.
>
> Yes, a utility like that shouldn't be too hard to code up in C.
>
> regards
> Doug Fortune
> http://www.cncKITS.com

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-07-24 21:58:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CAM generating short lines not G02/G03curvesegments