CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Gateway Profile all in one PC as EMC controller?

Posted by jeffalanp
on 2003-07-28 09:46:55 UTC
Hi John,
I can't comment specifically on the Gateway, but I bought a cheapo
linux PC that had some off-brand linux running on it. It worked
great. When I tried to install BDI, I ran in to some problems. The
cheapo had an SiS530 video chipset which was not specifically covered
under BDI's version of Linux (SiS provides NO dirvers for Linux) for
higher resoluion displays. I had to download a driver from a third
party and change my X setup files. It was a hassle, but after I got
it all straightened out, it worked fine. I used the newer real time
BDI.

Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "John Guenther"
<j.guenther@v...> wrote:
> I know this may be borderline on topic but here goes any way. Does
anyone
> know if the Gateway Profile III all in one PC will run Linux?
Specifically
> I would like to run BDI 2.20 on one of these as a CNC controller in
my small
> shop and I don't want to purchase one with out knowing if Linux and
the EMC
> will run on it.
>
> Thanks, if this is too close to off topic I apologize in advance.
>
> John Guenther
> 'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
> Sterling, Virginia

Discussion Thread

John Guenther 2003-07-28 09:21:14 UTC Gateway Profile all in one PC as EMC controller? jeffalanp 2003-07-28 09:46:55 UTC Re: Gateway Profile all in one PC as EMC controller?