CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: lost steps on deceleration

Posted by terracnc
on 2003-08-05 14:01:18 UTC
Thanks Dan and others,

Rejuggled the cables around together, and all 3 axes were moving
smoothly up to 40+ ipm (G201). Happily, I thought everything was
solved, disconnected the system to move to its final resting place.
On reconnection, now the x- and z- axes can even have problem moving
at 2 ipm while the y-axis move smoothly. At a loss now what to do
other than perhaps making up new cables using better quality
connector and perhaps with better skill at soldering, may hopefully
put behind this on-off problem.

Will appreciate any suggestion/further insight as to how to lick
problems like this.

Not so Terra

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Statman Designs, LLC"
<titanium@c...> wrote:
> This is most likely low-speed stepper resonance. It probably will
also miss
> steps on the acceleration side if you don't accelerate too fast
through the
> resonance band. The cure is to get a microstepping drive, you will
be
> amazed at how all of those resonance issues just disappear.
>
> If you are already using a microstepping drive and it is set to 8
or 10
> microsteps, then your problem has nothing to do with resonance.
You will

wanliker@a...,
> timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if
> you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

terracnc 2003-08-05 07:13:00 UTC lost steps on deceleration Statman Designs, LLC 2003-08-05 07:32:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] lost steps on deceleration Jon Elson 2003-08-05 10:47:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] lost steps on deceleration Torsten 2003-08-05 12:08:27 UTC Re: lost steps on deceleration terracnc 2003-08-05 14:01:18 UTC Re: lost steps on deceleration