CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: allegro microstepping ic

on 2003-08-07 13:48:59 UTC
Check out the A3977 2.5 A and 35 VDC that can run a lot of motors
that would be great candidates for the driller.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "samcoinc2001"
<samcoinc2001@y...> wrote:
> As has been said here before allegro makes some nice stepping
control
> circuits. What I am wondering is this - They have a few
> microstepping controllers like this one.
> http://www.allegromicro.com/sf/3967/
> would it be possible or has anyone come across a working circuit to
> put an external h-bridge of mosfets to handle more current? And
could
> the current sensing still be used so the microstepping and current
> control still works.
>
> These are nice little ic but like the one above they handle such
low
> current.
>
> thanks
> sam

Discussion Thread

samcoinc2001 2003-08-07 13:06:22 UTC allegro microstepping ic turbulatordude 2003-08-07 13:48:59 UTC Re: allegro microstepping ic