CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Hathaway motors

on 2003-08-15 13:14:18 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Werby" <a.werby@c...>
wrote:
> Message: 20
> Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:36:50 -0000
> From: "dcumin2000" <dcumin2000@y...>
> Subject: old motors w/ encoders
>
> I have a number of 16v dc motors with encoders on one end. The
> brand is Hathaway & dated 1983. Are these to old (induction motors)?
> could they be servo motors w/encoders?
> Hathaway still makes encoders but no info on these old motors. To
> cheep to throw them away & still looking for a use for them.Anyone
> used any old Hathaway motor to a good end?
> Thanks Dennis
>
> [I've got some Hathaway motors that sound similar, except mine are
24v. They
> seem like servos to me. I tried Hathaway, but didn't have any luck
tracking
> down info on them either. Mine seem a bit small for running a
micromill in
> direct-drive mode, but I think they'd probably work with a timing
belt and
> pulleys to cut the speed and multiply the torque. I haven't
actually hooked
> them up to anything yet, though.]
>
> Andrew Werby
> www.computersculpture.com

I have a couple similar motors. 2 wires, burshes, encoder, came out
of printers.

hope this thread gets some good details and explanations.

Dave

Discussion Thread

Andrew Werby 2003-08-15 11:14:34 UTC Re: Hathaway motors turbulatordude 2003-08-15 13:14:18 UTC Re: Hathaway motors dcumin2000 2003-08-18 07:48:54 UTC Re: Hathaway motors Jon Elson 2003-08-18 10:22:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Hathaway motors