CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Rutex H990 VS Geckodrive G340

>--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "tonyfungus"
><tonyfungus@y...> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>I have Rutex H990 to drive my DC motor,
>>but some time it will missing steps,
>>I want change to Geckodrive G340,
>>which is better?

Do you know for a fact that the step pulses meet the timing requirements
of the Rutex drive? There are several constraints on the setup and hold
time
for changes of the direction line. If you don't fully satisfy these
requirements,
the drive could mis-interpret a step pulse and move the wrong way.

How have you determined that it is missing steps? Does it only miss one
step at a time, but the error accumulates over many moves? That would
match up with my step timing comments above. Or does it miss a large number
of steps all at once? that might be asking it to move faster than it
can move.
Also, are you sure the encoder signals have no noise on them? Do the
motors sound smooth when you are moving slowly? Or, do they make
rattling or buzzing noises?

tonyfungus 2003-08-17 09:22:37 UTC Rutex H990 VS Geckodrive G340 caudlet 2003-08-17 17:08:16 UTC Re: Rutex H990 VS Geckodrive G340 Jon Elson 2003-08-17 23:00:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Rutex H990 VS Geckodrive G340