CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: LOST DONGLE FOR MY CAM PROGRAM

on 2003-09-09 04:41:36 UTC
I hate to say it, but you gotta go to the CAM program manufacturer,
open your wallet and buy a replacement.

I have one for each of my T-Tech pcb cutters, and as far as I am
concerned, they are worth a thousand bucks each. (dongles that is)

Since a lost one would require purchasing a new program.

and the fact is that most of the time, the program can be put on a
floppy and just passed around to anybody and everybody that has the
correct dongle.

If you are the registered software owner, the company should give you
some type of deal on a replacement. But often they figure users are
trying to get another 'seat' and charge big bux, up to the cost of a
new program and for CAM, that could easily be over 10 grand.

Another option is to try the cad_cam_edm_dro list (CCED list) to see
if someone there has one they don't need.

And yet another option is to switch programs. Again, the CCED list
has guys talking about a lot of different programs, and there is a
list of them in the database section on that list.

I wish I could offer better news, but if someone has a dongle for a
high end program, they could sell it on e-bay for a ton of cash.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "mrdavidpontes"
<mrdavidpontes@a...> wrote:

> HI,
>
> What can be done for a lost DONGLE on my cam program. I
know
> what make it is RAINBOW SENTINAL, but the vendor of the program
> DYNAMECHTRONICS,cannot replace it for me. DOES ANYONE HAVE A SPARE
> DONGLE? I wish they stop making these programs with parallel port
> things. Anyone have an old promgram with type dongle? thanks
>
> david pontes
> mrdavidpontes@c...

Discussion Thread

mrdavidpontes 2003-09-09 01:35:36 UTC LOST DONGLE FOR MY CAM PROGRAM Robert Williams 2003-09-09 04:30:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] LOST DONGLE FOR MY CAM PROGRAM John A. McFadden 2003-09-09 04:36:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] LOST DONGLE FOR MY CAM PROGRAM turbulatordude 2003-09-09 04:41:36 UTC Re: LOST DONGLE FOR MY CAM PROGRAM turbulatordude 2003-09-09 04:51:23 UTC Re: LOST DONGLE FOR MY CAM PROGRAM Tim Goldstein 2003-09-09 10:07:16 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] LOST DONGLE FOR MY CAM PROGRAM