CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Another Power supply question.

Posted by Keith Bowers
on 2003-09-10 16:34:04 UTC
On Wednesday 10 September 2003 06:49 pm, Alan Trest wrote:
> A friend gave me a 24Volt 60amp battery charger and I would like to
> use the transformer to build a powersupply for an 8x4 moving gantry
> router. The transformer is "Huge" about 10x12 inches and weighs about
> 40-50lbs. Is there any way to get more than the normal 33.6 vdc from
> this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan

<snip>
First open the box and see if it uses two (full wave - two hots and a ground
off the transformer secondary) or four (bridge - two hots off the transformer
secondary) configuration on the rectifiers. If it uses a full wave rectifier
setup you can double the voltage and halve the current by switching to a
bridge rectifier.

If it's already using a bridge it might be possible to use a voltage doubler
circuit.
--
Keith Bowers - Thomasville, NC

Discussion Thread

Alan Trest 2003-09-10 15:50:24 UTC Another Power supply question. Keith Bowers 2003-09-10 16:34:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Another Power supply question. ballendo 2003-09-12 07:54:50 UTC Re: Another Power supply question.