CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bijur Spraymist Fluid

on 2003-09-12 05:53:56 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Fritz Koenig"
<fritz_koenig@y...> wrote:
> I have a Bridgeport CNC that has a Bijur Spraymist coolant pump.
Does anybody
> know what type of fluid is recommended for that pump? Bijur says
to look in the
> manual and I don't see anything in there on the coolant pump.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Fritz

I am not familiar with the particular brand, but I use coolants based
on the metal I am working on.

If there is no big warning, then I would assume that the stuff you
buy at your local supply house is fine.

the viscosity has to be such that it can be sprayed.
the acidic/caustic levels have to be such that they do not attack
metals or most plastics or O-rings.
the lubracation has to have some form of rust preventitive.

other than those common properties, the differences as far as I have
seen are much like engine oil, some small recipe changes but pretty
much the same with a few exotic stuff (spelled expensive) stuff.

Dave

Discussion Thread

Fritz Koenig 2003-09-11 22:35:57 UTC Bijur Spraymist Fluid turbulatordude 2003-09-12 05:53:56 UTC Re: Bijur Spraymist Fluid paul jones 2003-09-12 18:32:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bijur Spraymist Fluid