CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

The post I relpied to is a virus scam: Please remove it !!!!

Posted by washcomp
on 2003-09-25 04:55:45 UTC
The below message was posted last night and has no subject. It is a
scam which spoofs Microsoft's site. DO NOT USE THE LINKS IN THE POST
(bad things will happen to you computer. The advice it gives to
update your Windows is correct (and you should go to the MS site to
do that periodicly), but the links in the post are to the wrong
location!

Regards,
Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "" <minaf@l...> wrote:
> Microsoft Customer
>
> this is the latest version of security update, the
> "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates
> all known security vulnerabilities affecting
> MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express.
> Install now to protect your computer
> from these vulnerabilities, the most serious of which could
> allow an malicious user to run executable on your system.
> This update includes the functionality of all previously released
patches.

> Microsoft Product Support Services and Knowledge Base articles can
be found on the Microsoft Technical Support web site.
> http://support.microsoft.com/
>
> For security-related information about Microsoft products, please
visit the Microsoft Security Advisor web site