CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Work layout questions

Posted by washcomp
on 2003-09-26 13:44:50 UTC
Ballendo:

I agree that if you are right handed and are mounting a screen and
controls on a bracket off your mill they should be on the right
side. Similar to Jon, my setup is rack mounted, but I'm considering
putting an auxillery station at the head. My cables are also between
15'-20' long and end in similar Amphanol connectors (mine are metal
rather than plastic, but came with the tool). The one difference I
notice is my cables are enclosed in "Sealtite". This is a liquidtite
plastic covered flexible conduit. It not only protects the cables
from physical damage, but provides a solid electrical ground between
the gagetry. Some photos of the state of my machine a few months ago
(I've since hung a bunch more stuff on it) can be seen at:

The Master5 group, photos under "Washcomp":

ridgeport&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%
3a//photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Master5/lst%3f%26.dir=/%26.src=gr%
26.view=t

The picture of the limit switches shows how I used Sealtite thouout
the installation.

Regards,
Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ballendo" <ballendo@y...>
wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> A quick question> Which side of the mill and/or Lathe do you set up
> your computer screen and keyboard?
>
> Second question for those with home switches> Do you home to the
plus
> or minus of the xy axis? (I assume most everybody with a mill homes
> to plus in z...)
>
> Third question> How far away is your drive box from your mill or
> lathe? (What I'm really wondering is how many inches of cable does
it
> take to go from the mill to your drive box?)
>
> Fourth question>Where is the drive box in relation to the cnc tool?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Ballendo

Discussion Thread

ballendo 2003-09-26 02:50:44 UTC Work layout questions Jon Elson 2003-09-26 10:17:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Work layout questions Torsten 2003-09-26 10:52:18 UTC Re: Work layout questions washcomp 2003-09-26 13:44:50 UTC Re: Work layout questions