CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Autocad, MasterCam and 3d sim's

Posted by bank haam
on 2003-10-08 17:18:23 UTC
Getting all in one package one would choose the best software. But, to know how each pros and cons you should try out all and choose your "flavor". I'm using MasterCam and learning SurfCam. MasterCam and SurfCam are very powerful. It allows you to do 3D drafting, Generate/Verify toolpaths and generating machining codes (plus extra features). Check out SurfCam 2002 Plus if you get a chance (perferable someone show you). I also like AutoCad but with these All in one product, I don't need to start up another program on my console.

Best regard,

Ben

"Tyson S." <timbercutter@...> wrote:
I will second this question, to choose a CAD/CAM
software for someone new like me will make a person go
insane. What CAD software can I draw a part to be
machined and have the tool path be generated error
free so I can get on to making stuff? I am not worried
about spending $800.00 either.

--- davidfuchs42 wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am new to CadCam (well actually just getting back
> into it after 10
> years actually). The questions I need answered are
> simple for the CNC
> guru's among you. I am getting a Taig CNC ready (4
> axis), gecko
> controllers, and steppers as the drives. My
> questions are related to
> software and design simulations...
>
> In the old days it worked this way..
>
> 1) CAD software (in my case Autocad, V2 - V???)
> 2) Tool path generation
> 3) CAM / tool path editting
> 4) Run the build
> 5) Test / and redesign
> 6) Go through steps 1 - 5 until it works right
>
> I dont want to do solid model rebuilds.... so...
> What I need is a way to do testing in software
> before I do the builds....
>
> Question(s)
> 1) I need software to do 3D mech (ie gearing in 3
> dimensions) What
> should I use? (Autocad, if so what version?
> Mastercam is mentioned
> alot can I use it?)
> 2) What software is recommended for the following?
> a) CAD
> b) CAM
> c) G-code conversions
> d) CNC builds/milling
> 3) is there any combo product that will do all of
> the above(ie
> everything before actually milling? The milling
> added in would be a
> bonus)
> 4)
>

> David

> FILES:
>
> Subscribe:
> CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
> Unsubscribe:
> wanliker@..., timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@...
> [Moderators]
> URL to this group:
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru
> Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.

> consider this to be a sister site to the CCED group,
> as many of the same members are there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
>
> NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC
> DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT
> ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

=====
Check out my APRS digipeater:
http://map.findu.com/FIELDR

Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto: aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
bill
List Mom
List Owner