CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Heidenhain DRO and non genuine replacement scales

Posted by Paul
on 2003-10-10 10:10:41 UTC
Hi Shane

Heidenhain scales are nice, al be it damned expensive... But they are
compatable with most other scales from other manufactures. The one thing to
be aware of is the signal type - It might be a differential quadrature input,
or a sinudoidal quadrature signal.
A quick search at www.heidenhain.de doesn't return much information, so
unless you have the handbook, youll need to talk to the local agent.

Regards, Paul.