CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RF Shielding braid

Posted by RichD
on 2003-10-20 19:49:07 UTC
Chis,
get a length of any size RF cable such as RG-8, RG-5913, RG-68, 72, etc.
Carefully cut the plastic jacket off and bunch up the braid and
slide it off the center inulator.
This stuff can be soldered to control the ends and make pigtails for grounding.
Beware of cheap RG-8 as the sheild is very sparse.
Any CB, HAM or electronics shop will have it.

c_holm10017 wrote:

> I have been chasing similar RF interference problems with my CNC
> conversion Sherline, and wonder whether anyone has a source of braid
> to put over cables? I spent some time making my cables, and would
> prefer to put a shield over them, rather than re-doing them. (the
> aluminum foil seems to help but it looks terrible and is very
> fragile.)
>
> If not, any place that has reasonably priced 4 conductor braid
> shielded cable with wires bigger than 22 gage?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Chris

Discussion Thread

RichD 2003-10-20 19:49:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RF Shielding braid