CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] ?for all newbie

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 2000-03-30 19:48:58 UTC
Derek,

You have to try pretty hard to get a good flame going on this group and you
are not even close <g>

If PCBs are your primary goal I would suggest looking at a Sherline
http://www.sherline.com ) mill and then getting the mounts, motors, and
controller from Dan at Camtronics ( http://www.seanet.com/~dmauch/ ). I
would guess you could do this part for about $1,100 or so and then all you
need to add is a computer and software. EMC would certainly do the job and
has the benefit of being free. I think I also remember that Dan uses Dancad
and it is also free. The main limitation of the Sherline is it's size. I had
one for a while and it was a great machine. I finally sold it to raise some
cash for a larger unit. If you just want a turn key version of a Sherline go
to ( http://www.sherline.com/cncdlrs.htm#cncdlrs ) and there is a list of
companies that sell CNC converted Sherlines.

Dan also has a picture on his Camtronics site of a home made unit for
drilling PCB's. If I remember correctly it uses drawer slides for the ways
and an electric die grinder for the spindle.

I am also here in Denver and would be happy to help you. send me an e-mail
off line at timg@... and I will get back to you with a phone
number.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

timg@... <mailto:timg@...>
http://www.ktmarketing.com

Discussion Thread

derek barger 2000-03-30 18:29:32 UTC ?for all newbie Tim Goldstein 2000-03-30 19:48:58 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] ?for all newbie