CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Ah Ha stepper kit users??

Posted by fun2b432002
on 2003-10-24 09:33:08 UTC
Thanks Brian. Do you have your's installed on a mill? If I have
the artisian software installed doesn't it give a digital read out
on the monitor? You use an additional DRO?

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Fairey"
<fpaul28@h...>
> wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I'm thinking of purchasing a stepper kit from Ah ha to
convert
> > my bridgeport series I to CNC. Has anyone ran or running any of
> > their systems? Am I barking up the wrong tree with choosing
stepper
> > instead of servo? I've looked through the archives and read
some
> > articles online and I see pros and cons on each side. Can some
of
> > you guys with the CNC smarts guide a newbee in the right
direction?
> > I'm leaning towards a pre-engineered/built system since I'm in
the
> > dark on a lot of this stuff. If there were a build it yourself
> > system which supplied wiring diagrams, component list's/vendors,
> > etc. I would feel confident about building my own,.... but I
haven't
> > seen any of those yet. Thanks in advance for your input.
> >
> > Frank
>
> AHHA works good for me , I keep track with a DRO and have never
> missed a step .
> Brian.

Discussion Thread

fun2b432002 2003-10-24 07:41:01 UTC Ah Ha stepper kit users?? Brian Fairey 2003-10-24 07:50:19 UTC Re: Ah Ha stepper kit users?? fun2b432002 2003-10-24 09:33:08 UTC Re: Ah Ha stepper kit users??